Thursday, April 30, 2009

HATSUNE MIKU - WORLD IS MINE


Recently I find myself fascinated with Hatsune Miku. I am going to get my hands on my very own figma Hatsune Miku soon and I will post up a review on that in the future.

Hatsune Miku is my favorite vocaloid idol because she is so darn cute and unique. Some may find that her vocals can be a bit squeaky at times but Hatsune Miku is well suited to perform Japanese songs. That being said, she will have trouble doing renditions of English songs, making them sound more artificial and less accurate in the pronunciations.

My current favorite song of Hatsune Miku is 'World is Mine' which the vocaloid wiki explains as follows:
"The song is about a spoiled girl who believes herself to be a "princess" that the world revolves around, and her struggles with falling in love with a standoffish boy. There are many PV variations for this song, but the narrator is almost always portrayed as a short-tempered and fickle Miku (interesting because of the meek and sweet-tempered manner that Miku is often portrayed with.)

In addition to the Miku version of World Is Mine, called the "Women's Side", there is a "Men's Side" performed by Kaito telling the story from the "prince's" point of view. There is also a version that mixes both the Men's and Women's Sides, making a complete story.

"World is Mine" is very popular among female singers on Nico Nico Douga and Youtube, and has received multiple covers."

Here is the video for Hatsune Miku's World is mine.

No comments: