Thursday, March 12, 2009

A LITTLE SIDE INCOME

I have a friend who I have encourage into blogging. He was reluctant at first because of the complexity of the task. I assured him that it is like typing on a word processor and inserting a few pictures. I even helped him kick start his blog by registering its name and configuring its first template layout. Over a year has passed and he has grown into his own style of blogging.

I am proud of the guy to have come so far from the inexperienced rookie to the now current dare devil reporter of Borneotips! Throughout his journey into the world of blogging, he has learned first hand of the dos and don'ts of blog posts. At one time he was scared out of his pants because he posted an article about the local mobster in his town and that post might bring him unwanted attention. Fearing for the safety of his newly wed young wife and his parents, he took down the article on a whim and changed his dare devil reporting methods to a more milder visitor friendly approach. He is now a self proclaimed ambassador to his town of Sibu which is located on the Island of Borneo.

His regular posts on Borneotips include insider's perspective to his work as a ship superintendent, his witty reviews on computer components like power supplies and his love for badminton. During special occasions his visitors will be treated to detailed reports of his romantic outings with his wife and their honeymoon in Singapore is also covered comprehensively. Juggling his work and personal life in unison, he has managed to find time to continue producing interesting posts on Borneotips mostly on a daily basis. Kudos to you my friend!

He is a fanatic of vintage toys like Mask and Transformers. There were a few earlier postings about his toys but he scrapped them due to the lack of popularity. I have been trying to get him to invest in a few Gundam models but he still seemed reluctant. I guess in this case perseverance is the key.

I have been trying to get him to join dNeero as well so he can contribute like what I have been doing thus far for the dNeero community. It is a great place for helpful discussions for everything under the sun and more. Just like this latest conversation I have joined:

1 comment:

Borneo Falcon said...

Thanks for introducing me to the world of blogging. It definitely changed my life.

Thanks for the nice article. Really bring back old memories on how I started until this very day.

Talking about it, it is almost the 1st anniversary of my blog!